The cherry tomatoes are in full swing at Mulberry Tree Farm this week.
Herbie’s tips for growing sweet cherry tomatoes:
– Cherry tomatoes love the sun
– Water them well because they do get thirsty from being in the heat
– They grow and ripen best when the vine is propped up with a stake. This ensures each tomato gets as much sunshine as possible
– Pick when they turn a brilliant red colour
– They are sweet and perfect on their own, or add them to a salad for a pop of colour. They are also delicious when slow roasted and topped with balsamic vinegar
– Here’s another hint: Any that stay green can be used in a Green Tomato Chutney